Delicious dishes like pulao made from rice are mostly the food items liked by everyone. It is seen that people eat them with great taste. Pulao is very much liked by all and when there is a special occasion or a happy evening, when you want to make something good, make Pulao. Vegetable Pulao is a quick and easy to prepare dish. By adding some vegetables to rice, you can make and eat it whenever you want. You can also keep it in children’s tiffin if you want. With this method, you can serve Pulao very easily. You can make casserole in many ways in which season the vegetable is in the market, you can make it using it. This Pulao is good in taste as well as it is also very healthy. This Pulao is very easy to make.
It is also made in many other ways.
- Hot Vegetable Pulao
- Built in pressure cooker
Method of making Vegetable Pulao
- Wash rice thoroughly with cold water 3-4 times, that is, wash it till the water is very clear. Soak it in water for 20 minutes.
- Afterwards take it out in a sieve and throw water.
- When rice is wet, cut all the vegetables and prepare it.
- Keep out the standing spices too.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once it gets hot, add cumin seeds and roast it for a while.
- Now add all the standing spices (cinnamon, cloves, whole pepper, small cardamom and bay leaves) and roast for 1 minute or until the spices smell good. Add onion and mix. Cook it for 2 minutes or until it turns pink. Add tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- Now add all the vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, potatoes). Mix.
- Add salt, pepper powder and garam masala. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Now squeeze lemon juice. Add soaked rice. Mix and roast for 2 minutes. Now add water. Turn the flame on high and let it simmer.
- As soon as the boil comes, reduce the flame of the gas very slowly and cover it with a lid. Similarly, cook for 17-18 minutes without opening the lid. During this time, make raita or make papad to serve with casserole.
- Turn off the gas after 17 minutes. Still leave for 5 minutes without removing the lid. Remove the lid later.
- Veg Pulao is ready. Combine the rice with a light spoon using a fork spoon. Keep in mind that the rice grains are not much broken.
Serve the veg pulao with any raita or pickle. You can also serve roasted papad together.
- You can make this recipe double or even triple. Always remember that the quantity of rice and water should be 1: 2. That means 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
- Finally you can add chopped coriander or mint leaves. It tastes great.
- Which vegetables to add is up to you. Add whatever you like. In summary, you have to take 1 to 1 ½ cup chopped vegetables in total.
- You can take makai, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower or baby corn.
- Instead of garam masala, you can also add pulav or biryani masala.